Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What should've been a Monday post...


It has been a week. I spend Thursday night through Monday morning hanging with my friends, Deb and Les and their three very busy cuties (HOW did they get to be TEENS?!!?)
 
Friday morning, I stopped in to the synagogue (CTJ) to see Rabbi. While I was waiting, I met the new Office Manager (my old job for YEARS), chatted with the caterer, Moira who had fallen down the stairs and sprained her ankle and met some of the other new staff members. Gosh, they sure are a lot nicer then I was  in the day...
 
Then Rabbi told me that a tour was probably not the best way for me to go. (Read: You - seriously - do not belong in polite society.  :-)  ) BUT he couched it by SAYING that I was so smart (*MUUUHHH*) that I would have more fun by renting an apartment in Jerusalem for a month and just doing day trips outside. Said it would cost about the same, just I'd have more freedom to do as I pleased and not be on a schedule. (Yeah, he REMEMBERED how often I showed up on time for work...)
 
On Friday afternoon, I tried out the GPS to get to Bob's Big Boy in Norco, CA to have lunch with my Widda Posse friends, Colleen and Stephan. Stephan is a Jaegermeister slurper and Colleen's favorite alcohol is beer, but since there was no alcohol, there were no arguments about the merits of their favorite beverages. (Which is good because I really like green tea, but chocolate martinis and Cadallac margaritas are yummy, too. And Debbie makes the BEST coffee. LOL) Bob's Big Boy food is what you'd expect, so I won't waste too much time posting on the texture of the fish-n-chips (*SNORT*). After lunch we went to Colleen's where they drank and I just enjoyed visiting with them. Oh, and Colleen's 5 year old daughter is SO adorable. Unfortunately the kitty hair got to me and I still have not found the three month supply of Alavert I packed in the car. May have to break down and stop at a drug store with my $4 off coupon.
 
Saturday was so peaceful. Debbie and I went to CTJ for services, and it just HAPPENED to be Scott Meyer's Bar Mitzvah. Geez, I could've sworn he was just knee-high to a grasshopper when I left. He read Torah beautifully and chanted the entire Haftarah with such a grown-up voice. Meryl and the entire mishpachah was justifiably proud. Then, just because Saul and Laura Rae are such great friends, too (they provided the "dowry" for me when Tuviya and I got married (a huge cow and a goat), we had big fun discussing the political crap o'the day. (Saul is in advertising and thanks you LA residents for not throwing out those mailers right away....he spends a butt-load o'time designing them!) We continued our FaceBook discussions at the luncheon and you would never know we had heated disagreements - *G*. Moira catered the buffet lunch and, it was most yummy. Mixed green salad with dried cranberried, home-made balsamic vinegrette, mandarin oranges and almond slivers. YUM. And her key lime bars, apple strudel bars and brownie. Yeah, I needed a walk. What I did was nap.
 
Halloween. Not a Jewish holiday. But I dressed up as Dorothy (Wizard of Oz). Pics to be posted later tonight. Manned the door with the humongous tub of chocolate which disappeared by 9PM. And I only at ONE piece. (I had a stash of mint chocolate in my room.)

I had a great time visiting my friend Janelle in Rancho Cordova, CA last night. Today, I am gonna at LEAST post the song of the week and a few words on the travels will be posted this evening.

Going to visit Folsum Prison and find a nice place in Sacramento to watch the POLs commit hari-kari at 8PM PST (when the voting sites all close in California). Then, in the AM will be on the road again to make my way up to see Sherri in WA state.

No comments:

Post a Comment