Monday, November 8, 2010

Chehalis, WA, Sherri and her Restaurant

Okay, I found Sherri (Widda Posse member) and her son, Israel. Actually, I got here last week. Brought the rain with me, too, which means that as it passes over the Rockies, it will be snowing like the dickens when I leave for Colorado on Thursday. But to the events of the last few days...

Sherri, who is the owner and chef of L'Amore de Scotty in Chehalis, has decided that she likes having me cook Indian food. But just for her and her family. She fed me for two days, so I guess it is only fair. My two favorites so far are:

Breakfast on Sunday morning: Stuffed French Toast
Three slices of French toast hold awesome cream cheese filling and are topped with sliced bananas, strawberries and blueberry compote. Served with one egg. YUM!
Dinner on Thursday night: Croque Champignons - Sautéed mushrooms, swiss & dijon mustard on toasted sourdough, topped with alfredo sauce & gruyere cheese and put under the boiler until golden bubbly! I had this with homemade potato and leek soup that had some fancy-schmancy French name, but I inhaled it anyway.
Here is her shameless plug:
L'amour de Scotty Family Restaurant & Bakery
(http://www.lamourdescotty.com/)
263 NW Chehalis Ave.
Chehalis, WA 98532
360-740-9227

She is also opening a pastry shop inside Catty Wampus in Centralia. I decided to stay a couple extra days to help her get that ready to open by baking a TRILLION cookies (oh okay, maybe just a few dozen!) for opening day this week. She is also making pink champagne cupcakes, scones, her yummy cheesecakes and other assorted pastries. I had forgotten how much work it is to open a new business. UGH! Since it will be inside an antique shop, it should be very interesting to see how well it will do.

Izzy is so adorable, even when he is being annoying. He is developmentally delayed, but is doing pretty well in seventh grade (I think). He and Blue (his corgie dog) are quite a team when they are together. I may not get to the picture posting project until I am travelling again, but I PROMISE I will get the Izzy and Blue pic up.

Off to bed. Sherri is running me ragged...LOL...and I have a cold that is just slowing us down. I am thinking I will hold back some of the kosher chicken and make some soup for myself tomorrow. That, along with the saline rinse, decongestants and antihistamines will hopefully knock this out before I leave for Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment