Sunday, November 14, 2010

GPS Girl's Detour to Vail Colorado

Y'all are gonna think I'm nuts. (Those of you with empirical evidence, please put you hands down!)

The GPS decided it didn't like the crappy snow and ice. She kept telling me to take exits in Vail. The frist time, I took the exit, re-programmed her and started out again. I ignored her the second exit, which was a Rest Area. Then, with visibility to about 25 feet, she tricked me. She turned me around and I was going the wrong way on the freeway. For those unbelievers, I, during the snow storm, pulled over TWICE and I called my son, Anil and he HEARD GPS Girl tell me to take the Vail exits. Twice.

So I did. And now I will be stuck here until around noon tomorrow, according to the hotel clerk. Lucky me, I had a free night on hotels.com. So - Holiday Inn in Vail for $50. SWEET, and they have an indoor spa, workout room and laundry so I can wash all my clothes. Also, in room massage...it was a hectic drive arguing with the GPS. She is such a brat. She just wanted to stay in a nice hotel. She really loved the Holiday Inn in Sacramento, I guess. Maybe when I go to sleep, she will be texting with the phone or tweeting with the tube. It is a big, sleek flat screen. Dunno. Who can figure out machines these days?

Sucks to be me, but - heh, you are all in your nice warm houses enjoying yourself. I should make the best of today, right?

Off to get hot chocolate and pop corn and warn up by the fireplace in the lobby...

No comments:

Post a Comment