Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sharing Shabbat with the Mennonite Church

Last week was super busy - I hardly had time to think! I spent most of last week getting the "front" of the house ready to have a Mennonite adult Bible study group share Shabbat evening with me. I got things organized (mostly) and put away (sort of), plus made challah (Sabbath bread), matzah ball soup, fish, Israeli salad. I petered out and just cut up fruit for dessert. It is nice that they came dressed in their sabbath clothes and that they are praying for more Jewish families to move here so we(I) can have a synagogue in town...LOL


I am still wiped out. And I still have the bedroom, study and exercise rooms to get organized. (Front = bathroom, kitchen, diningroom and livingroom).

Then One granddaughter spent Friday night with me, then she went home and two more came for Saturday night. I am exhausted.

Tomorrow will be busy with getting the visa application mailed off to Houston, and doing some financial organizing (closing a bank account - FEH on Bank of America!!!!) and - oh - I need clean underwear, so I suppose I need to do laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment