I just started thinking about what I want to do in Israel. I was going to start a rough daily plan on my computer so that I could write about it for my travel blog, since I am taking my laptop with me. I was planning on getting a throw-away cell at the airport in Israel for use in the city since the rates for my cell plan will be HORRENDOUS outside of the USA.
I leave Mar 30th and will land in Israel on April 1st in Tel Aviv about 4 hours before Shabbat. I know that it will probably take about 2 hours to get to Jerusalem, but then I will be needing to find food for Shabbat. I think I may need to buy something in Tel Aviv before I leave just in case I get delayed. I leave Israel for India on April 29th. Then I go back to Israel to be in Tel Aviv for 3 days on May 7th. Leave Tel Aviv for LA on May 11. Leave LA on May 15 for Tulsa to go home on May 15.
I'll be staying in Rechavia (Hapalmah St ) while I am in Jerusalem. I have a living room, washroom, bedroom and kitchenette. There is a pull out bed in the living room for guests...My friend from Redondo Beach will be in Israel from April 5-20, so she will be staying with me for 3 or 4 days. (She is visiting her son who signed up for the a year in the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF). If you are a praying person, please pray for her other son who was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last month. They are 24 year old twins and the most adorable boys.
I meant to blog about the basketball season. My grandkids are very, very good at basketball. Last week, Cheryl was driving us, following the bus to the game. All of a sudden not one, but TWO BIG DEER leaped in front of the school bus! I was so made that I didn't have the camera -- it was a fabulous sight! One deer on one side of the bus in the air, the second deer on the other side of the bus in the air and a third deer standing around thinking --"okay, they both need to be taken out of the gene pool -- jumping in front of big yellow school buses!"
Oh and my first Tornado Warning -- totally left THAT out! My DIL had a heck of a time getting some of the grandkids in the house. They wanted to watch. Since my house didn't get blown to the Land of Oz (yeah, I know it's really just a back lot in Los Angeles), I didn't get any postcards...we are relatively safe here in SE Kansas. My son said that tornadoes tend to follow hwy 96 and run north east .....apparently they don't like to leave the main highways .....
No comments:
Post a Comment