Friday, December 24, 2010

OMG - Where Did the Month Go?

Well, I bought the house about a mile from my son's house at an auction for about 65% of it's assessed value. And have been working my fingers raw remodeling it. Three bedrooms, one bath, big kitchen, livingroom, attached garage and a little detached storage/workshop building with a nice size front and back yard.

Here are pictures of the house before I started working on it.

I have already removed the wallpaper in the livingroom and my bedroom. The carpets and padding has been removed from the entire house. I painted the livingroom a light taupe and replaced the carpet with medium oak laminate floors.

The room with the "duck" wallpaper now has mahogany laminate flooring. I did touch up the paint with the same taupe paint. I am leaving the wallpaper for the time being since I want to have a guest room that is useable, but removed the wall paper in the bedroom that will be mine. I have a light sage paint for the walls and the same mahogany flooring. I think it will match the floral bedding from our bedroom in SLO.I did buy a new bedroom set, but will be using the matress that Tuviya bought for our honeymoon. *sigh* I really wish he was here to share the rush from getting this house in order.

"Sailboat" wallpaper room is going to be the yoga/exercise and sewing room. I expect to have the floor done in there before I go to Florida to visit Laynee and Marina for the first week of January.

I am thinking that I will be working on the house until I leave for Israel and India. Rabbi set the ticket for the month of April.

Other adventures:
1. I found a group of paranormal investigators that are based about 25 miles away. They are planning a group investigation the first week of February. That should be interesting.

2. Looked into the synagogue in Joplin. They are Reform, but it is the only synagogue within the 50 mile radius of the house. They will start having services on Saturday mornings twice a month and have Friday night services every week. There is a Sisterhood that meets every month.

3. Shopping for "stuff" to make my house a home. The POD of stuff is in the garage. I am hoping the stupid, mutant crickets stay out of my stuff.

4. I have been cooking for the grandkids and my oldest granddaughter has lost about 7 pounds, good since she has been trying to lose weight. We found out that she has juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and she is a little heavier than she needs to be.

Oh - and obviously I got over the bronchitis and sinus infections. I am taking allergy meds regularly now, especially with the cleaning and painting projects.

Off to go get "family pictures" done with Anil's little tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment