Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I HATE Nose Sprays!!!! Oh, and Happy Hanukkah!

Seasonal Holiday Alert for tonight night. Got the candles and chocolate gelt in Los Angeles, CA; books on fish hatchery (instead of gefilte fish) in Multonomah, OR; dreidels and stickers in Colorado Springs, CO; and Potatoes, eggs and Bisquick in Joplin, MO. Totally American Hanukkah coming up in Oswego, KS.

Just so everyone knows that I am NOT out partying and ignoring The Blog Followers, I have been to TWO clinics since I got to Kansas. Ugh! They both told me that the allergies are bad, and that I need to do prescription Nose Sprays, decongestants, inhailed steroids for asthma AND the ubiquitous saline sinus rinses. Oh, and for good measure, a Z-Pac and cough syrup with codeine. **GAG**

There is some good news, in spite of the TMI Health Update. I went to an auction with my son and daughter-in-law and bought a house. It should close escrow before this time next week. Anil saw the poster for the auction when we were walking around town. (He is diabetic and Thanksgiving was YAKKY for his blood sugar!) So we drove by the house. It is Light Green with a dark Green metal roof and trim, Tuviya's favorite color. We were able to look at the inside and saw that it is VERY cute. It was owned by an elderly widow who traveled A LOT, took pride in her home and moved to Oregon to be close to her kids. (Probably what people will say about me when I am 90+, LOL) It is 1170 sq feet, 3 BR, 1 BA with an attached garage, small detached workroom and large front and back yard. Perfect for my meditation path and veggie garden. The workroom will either be a yoga studio (there is a heater in it) or a classroom to teach the grandbabies Hebrew and "stuff". And I got it all for $33K. Hanukkah Present from my Honey...*S*
Pictures are Here...

All of the curtains stay (YEAH!) but the junk in the pictures was sold at the auction, so it should be pretty clean. There are a few small fixes that need done, like the carpet in the livingroom and bedroom needing pulled out since *obviously* my allergies have decided to be a problem here in TotoLand. The Central Heating worked really well, and I have been using my electric blankets here at the Haunted Hotel (my son's mansion - he has a timer on the tv and I woke up to the tv being on at 2am after I *know* I turned it off!)

I should have everything settled in so that I can visit friends in Tennessee and Florida at the end of the month for a couple weeks before the weather gets really bad here.

Off to make soup, latkes and hot chocolate for my grandbabies tonight for the first night of Hanukkah!

No comments:

Post a Comment